Monday, April 2, 2007

The First Week

All right, it's about time I get around to updating this thing. I left Seattle Wednesday morning and made it to Frankfurt at around 8am. I then sat around for 5 hours waiting for my 30 minute flight. I'm still not sure why the travel agency did that. After arriving in Stuttgart, I met another exchange student, who knows relatively little german and is from Oregon. We got train tickets together and eventually ended up taking the bus to Tübingen and a taxi to where we are staying. I met up with Alison and we went to the store and got food. There was also a small party that night. The next day was a little more frustrating, but everything worked out alright. I eventually got my room keys and a blanket that is the right size for my bed, as the previous one had encountered one dryer too many. The pillows they have here a redicuiosly small, so I got a new one of those as well. My room is fairly large. Everything in it is from Ikea. The floor shares a kitchen so we buy alot of fresh food at the store. Nothing is really more than 2-3 Euro. I managed to find a Vodka named Boris Jelzin but have yet to try it.

Tübingen is pretty nice but rather small. There are lots of icecream stores, as Sunday is appearently go to Church and eat icecream day, because nothing else is open. The Necker is pretty and I look forward to the boats in the summer. There are a few parks that are really nice. I would post pictures but my computer has decided to put everything in german, making the task a bit harder than just figuring the technology out. All the buildings are really old and appearently Alzheimer use to live in mine. I think my room was him library, or at least the wall says may room was a library at some point. I guess that's all for now. I'll put up pictures whenever I figure it out.

rachel

2 comments:

Chuck said...

Who is alzheimer?

Rachel said...

Alzheimer's disease