Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Stuttgart

Today my friends and I went to Stuttgart. It's about an hour away by train and costs 10 Euro to go there and back. I really liked it. It's a bit larger than Tuebingen and has a lot more going on. I would post pictures here but I've decided to use photo bucket as it is a lot easier to use and I can add more photos. The link to my photo bucket is: http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w30/schlech1/

Stuttgart has a lot of shopping and a large park/castle. I got a few things while we were there, but we mostly walked around. It was very pretty, as you will see when you look at the pictures.

In other happenings, I met my mentor Anke the other day. She seems really nice and I look forward to getting to know her better. She's lived around Tuebingen for her whole life, in a little village. We went an got a sort of chocolate coffee thing together. She also kept complimenting me on my German :-).

Let's see, Easter was on Sunday. We didn't really do much. Alison and I got up really early to go to church at 6:00. It was interesting but long and too early in the morning. I walked around, read, and sat in the park with Val and Ben. Towards days end, I got an ice cream and watched some cute little German kids play tag. It was very cute. I think it was two families but they must have been cousins or something. The smallest little boy was in his Easter best and the girl had a dress. It was really cute too see and brought a smile to my face.

As for now, I've got to get reading, because Val and I have decided to read 30 pages a day and get ice cream on the days that we finish books. It sounds like a good plan to me!

Rachel

5 comments:

Chuck said...

I don't remember you going to see me

Rachel said...

there i fixed it are you happy?

Bonnie said...

Rachel, I am very impressed. You have done so much already!! The pictures are very good and I enjoy them alot. Keep up the wonderful communication.

Anonymous said...

Racheeeeeeeeeeeeeeel!
What's up? You're in Germany already!! Now you need to come to Berlin... so, when will you be here? I'm waiting for you! Do you have a phone number? I could call you! hope to hear from you soon...
Sandy

Rachel said...

Sandy! I don't know when I'll be in Berlin, but I'll get up there eventually. My cell # is 0151 36 86 80 9 but it doesn't always work right. It's got a mind of its own. Good to hear from you!

Rachel